After spending a bit more then a year on my shelf I did the unthinkable and actually completed some models. In the past I’ve had some weird idea that doing proper highlights was way above my skill and effort. It might have been the fact that I did not have the tools, teaching or inspiration but during the latest couple of years I have slowly pushed myself out of such thinking and through sharing, asking and competing, I think I’m slowly progressing into a better painter.
Mostly I also try to test out one new method for every build that I make, aside from fun or relaxation builds. With that said, here are my 2 freshly finished battle suits with the addition of some proper pictures on my hammerhead gunship I did a while ago.
Last saturday marked the end of ITSAGUNDAAAAAAM’s annual gunpla competition and through the conclusion of it, I landed on 2nd place (go me)!
My entry was the Mobile Golem Emeth, a steampunk take on the MS01 mobile worker and I must say it’s the heaviest custom MS I have ever done and the results makes me damn proud to look at.
I think I also learned a new trick for applying homemade weathering powder using water and making it into a type of mud(ish). I have uploaded a new page on my completed projects that covers the build and wip in more detail, check it out if you like. Thanks for reading 🙂
During the course of 3 months now I have steadily going back towards hand-painting 25mm minis and such. part of it probably depends on the ease of just picking up a brush and start painting (compared to the need to clean and maintain an airbrush) as well as I haven’t really been able to afford gunpla in a while. Though it has certainly not been for naught since it has lead me to try out using glazes and mediums when painting. Further more to improve my hand-painting skill I have stated to get a better grip on highlighting edges and other.
here are some of the works I have done for the past 3 months:
Happy new year!
So I managed to pull together one last project before this year is over. I had this collectors edition statue from Dark Souls 3 standing around and the paintjob had bothered me for quite some time so I decided it was time for a redo!
I must say I’m pretty pleased of how it turned out in the end and it led me to try out a pigmented powders for the first time, which worked wonders both on the metal and the weathering. The rest of the pictures with wip can be found in my projects right here.
Thinking back on the year that has soon passed it’s been an educational year for me and much has happen which has led to new discoveries and I can’t wait for what next year has in store for me. Enough rambling from me now happy new year!