So summer is over huh? and it’s time for an update! Even though I have been slaving away my time trying to fix my bachelor’s degree I’ve had little time for actual modelling.
So this some of the stuff I have been working on during summer 2016.
First off we have an update on my descent models. All the player’s characters are completed as well as some of the monsters such as elementals and bargheists.
Other than that, I have been using a similar technique to my salt and hairspray rusting, this time with a metallic undercoat and only using hairspray in order to achieve more natural and fresh scratching effect. Need to add some additional weathering to it just for it to pop a bit more.
Also for the coming fall I’m going to enter C4 Open, a national modelling contest in south Sweden. I don’t think I will be able to win anything but I’m curious to see where I stand in relation to other modelers from home. That’s all for this time, I will try to keep this site more updated once I get my Bachelor degree out of the way.
Cheers and see you around 😀
Took this week to re-paint this 6 resin characters from Dugeonquest (revised ed). Continued to try some non metallic metal practice which proved a substantial challenge on larger areas such as Hugo the glorious’ shield. here’s the results from a weeks progress of work:
As a reference, here are the illustrations of the characters that are on each respective character sheet.
(illustrations owned by Fantasy flight games)
for next time, I think I want to try showing how to make stone dungeon floor from greenstuff. Hope you guys like my painting.
Was digging through my old warhammer transporting case and found my painted Lucius the eternal model. think it was painted about 4 years ago, around the time I just discovered washes. Anyhow just wanted to share him with you guys, would be fun to repaint him just to see how much I’ve improved 🙂
Something I found during my trip to the US. Made by Knight models and cost around 20$ each, totally worth it in my opinion though, imagine fielding one of these on as a substitute for a daemon prince or something 🙂 Anyhow here are the results of my work, tried some layering on both of them (not that visible on batman cause you know.. he wears all over black).
on a side note, I top-coated them in satin (semi gloss) which makes the models very shiny when taking pictures. I think I’m going to go with matt top-coat next time.
I got my hands on the wonderful game Descent last autumn and though to myself: Damn they look boring in monotone resin so I thought I would start painting them and experiment a bit with techniques. First time I tried out the non metal metal technique and got really satisfied with it. here is the first batch of characters:
above: Tomble Burrowell
above: Leoric of the Book
above: Grisban the thirsty
All in all very detailed minis for being approximately 40mm and loved every second painting them. good game as well be sure to check it out and stay tuned for part 2.